If you are in the mood for some goodness, but nothing too sweet, look no further 🙂
Here goes …
1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
3/4 cup coconut sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup superfine brown rice flour
1 cup light buckwheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
3/4 cup natural yogurt
3-4 Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp ginger
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bundt pan.
- Place butter and coconut sugar in the bowl of a stand up mixer ( hand mixer would also work !). Beat on medium until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt. Add this mixture into batter and blend along with the yogurt until fully incorporated.
- Chop 2 apples and add to the batter.
- Using a spatula, pour mixture into bundt pan.
- Slice the remaining apples. Place in a small bowl and cover with coconut sugar and spices.
- Place sliced apples on top of make batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut and serve with topping of choice. I like Blissful Basil vegan caramel sauce for added sweetness but you can also top with vanilla yogurt or ice cream .
Sergio loved this cake. It has a super healthy twist and the level of sweetness can be adjusted depending on whether or not you have a sweet tooth ! It also tastes great on its own, with a nice cup of coffee.