These past few weeks I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen .
Here are a few of my simple creations that leave you feeling totally satisfied 🙂
Eggs on sourdough toast with a twist ( photo above ) 1-2 servings depending on how hungry you are …
2 eggs ( the fresher the better )
1 TBSP ghee
1/4 cup non dairy ( I used extra creamy almond )
salt and pepper
1 cup spinach
1/2 avocado ( or a whole depending on number of people being served – 1/2 per person )
Topping suggestions – beet sauerkraut ( Juniper Farm ), vegan Parmesan easy-vegan-parmesan-cheese-recipe – Cherry tomato peach chutney ( recipe to follow )
Takes no more that 10 minutes to whip this up .
- Melt ghee in frying pan
- Whisk eggs and non dairy milk in small bowl ( salt and pepper to taste )
- Add to pan and cook for a minute or two
- Mix in spinach and allow to wilt ( only takes a minute or so )
- mash avocado in a small bowl
- Top toasted sourdough with vegan butter ( optional ) , avocado spread, egg mixture and topping(s) of choice
- Enjoy 🙂
3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped peaches
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2-3 cloves crushed garlic
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
Sea salt to taste
- Place tomatoes and peaches in a medium pot, add syrup and bring to a boil
- Add cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, Balsamic and salt
- Simmer for 30 minutes until mixture becomes thick
- Cool and pour into small glass container
- Keep in fridge for up to a week
This is wonderful served with crackers and cheese . Love , love, love 🙂
In July, my daughter was home visiting from Amsterdam, so I spoiled her with some of her favourite dishes including – Tofu scramble and a zucchini cream inspired by House and Home magazine June 2020″Chef David Lee’s Tofu Scramble with Zucchini Cream and Charred Tomatoes” ask-chef-plantas-tofu-scramble-zucchini-charred-tomatoes
I like to add a ton of spices to my scramble ….cumin, coriander, curry, turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic powder, herbed sea salt from Boreal Farm Low Quebec.
I also added chopped Kale and fresh basil ( wilt slightly at end of cook time ) and omitted the mushrooms cause I didn’t have any on hand.
I used chopped fresh local cherry tomatoes from Juniper Farm , La Peche Quebec instead of the Roma.
I baked my own bread from one of my new favourite cookbooks –
Here is a link to the modified version of the recipe in her new cookbook. It is really really nummy 🙂
These recipes is sooooo good and so simple !!
Absolutely worth a try my friends 🙂